Frequently Asked Questions
- Systemic balance is critical to one’s health and wellbeing – in Western Medicine, this is known as homeostasis
- Imbalance can result in disorders such as pain, injury, insomnia, digestive issues, stress, gynaecological disorders, allergies, depression, colds and a myriad of other complications
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can help restore balance so organs and bodily systems can work together in harmony. This sets the stage for the body to repair itself and maintain its own optimal health and bring you back into the sublime nature of the mind.
- Acupuncture needles can have a certain sensation after they are inserted, but few would call it painful. Over many years l have noticed that people who are very tense, through emotional or mental stress patterns, can perceive the needles as painful due to their inability to relax. Generally breathing deeply a few times before needle insertion can reduce this perception.
- By the time all the needles are inserted during a treatment, you generally do not feel any of them and are consumed with a sense of calm and relaxation
- HICAPS for private health fund rebates is available automatically at our clinic
- Acupuncture is covered with over 43 private insurance health funds
- The rebated amount will depend on your private health fund and the type of cover you have