Q. How does Acupuncture work?
- Systemic balance is critical to one’s health and wellbeing – in Western Medicine, this is known as homeostasis
- Imbalance can result in disorders such as pain, injury, insomnia, digestive issues, stress, gynaecological disorders, allergies, depression, colds and a myriad of other complications
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can help restore balance so organs and bodily systems can work together in harmony. This sets the stage for the body to repair itself and maintain its own optimal health
Q. Does Acupuncture hurt?
- Acupuncture needles can have a certain sensation after they are inserted, but few would call it painful
- Due to the Acupuncture needles being so fine and the swiftness of the insertion, pain reflexes on the nerve endings are not even stimulated
- By the time all the needles are inserted during a treatment, you generally do not feel any of them and are consumed with a sense of calm and relaxation
Q. Do you accept Private Health Rebates from private insurance companies?
- Healthpoint for private health fund rebates is available automatically at our clinic
- Acupuncture is covered with over 40 private insurance health funds
- The rebated amount will depend on your private health fund and the type of cover you have
Q. What is Reiki?
- Reiki is Universal Energy. It understands that the whole universe is made up of vibrating sub atomic particles
- It works through gentle touch to observe sensations, solidified gross energy to subtle light energy to beyond as they occur in each moment
- It is a safe, powerful and gentle way of using light/energy/sound to restore balance to yourself and others
- Reiki benefits include – It works on the cause of disease, reduces stress and tension, restores energy used up throughout the day
- Mark McAuliffe has been a Reiki teacher since 1990, trained by William Rand and Gary Samer, and has taught many students across Australia, Maldives, Nepal and Vietnam
Q. What is Jin Shin Jyutsu?
- Jin Shin Jyutsu employs 26 “safety energy locks” along energy pathways that feed life into our bodies. When one or more of the paths becomes blocked, the resulting stagnation can disrupt the local area and eventually disharmonize the complete path of energy flow
- Jin Shin Jyutsu can be applied as self-help and also by a trained practitioner. A Jin Shin Jyutsu session generally lasts about an hour. It does not involve massage, manipulation of muscles, or use of drugs or substances
- It is a gentle art, practiced by placing the fingertips (over clothing) on designated safety energy locks to harmonize and restore the energy flow. This facilitates the reduction of tension and stress which accumulate through normal daily living
Q. What is Bowen Therapy?
- Bowen Therapy, through specific soft tissue or fascial release and integration techniques, stimulate specific receptors that enable the body itself to correct dysfunctions and restore balance on a holistic level
- Bowen Therapy has consistently shown it can have profound and permanent healing and pain relief outcomes
- This relief is experienced by many people who present with a wide range of painful conditions, even where other modalities or treatments have resulted in transient or little improvement
- Bowen Therapy, being holistic, does not rely on a detailed diagnosis of the problem and its origins, which is often costly and indeterminate
- It treats the whole body and its holistic effects are apparent in patients who find resolution to problems above and beyond those for which they have sought treatment, for example lack of energy, stress or emotional issues
Q. What is Sacrocranial Therapy ?
- Sacrocranial Therapy uses slow interactive pressure and stretch techniques to assess and release restrictions of connective tissue in the whole body. The results can be profound
Dr Mark McAuliffe brings a wealth of training and experience to his practice incorporating Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Bowen Therapy, Craniosacral Therapy, Reiki, Nutrition and Lifestyle advice to help you live your best life. Find out more…
Servicing the areas of Mackay and greater areas of
For more details on how we can help you Contact us